I've had this adorable little sweatshirt from Obey for years, but I'm always struggling with how to wear it. Every time I put it on, I worry that my look is simply too casual.
I mean, let's get real. You know the usual deal with sweatshirts. You walk in from work, immediately shed your clothes from the day, then don some sort of harem pants/leggings/Lululemon/polka dot pajama combo with an old t-shirt, and your trusty sweatshirt.
The real challenge is how does one dress up something that is inherently so casual?
To balance the relaxed feel of the sweatshirt, simply dress up the rest of your outfit.
For my look, I decided to add a chiffon button-down underneath for a casual, yet stylish, work look. To keep things from looking too dressed-down, I added black leggings jeans (yes, "jeggings", but whatevzzz!). The fact that they have a blend of fabric makes them more like a pant/jean hybrid, which totally goes with my dressed up sweatshirt feel. Finally, I added my Tripoli boots for instant edge, and my Celine bag for that obvious chic appeal.
Now don't think I would leave you without some ideas about how to wear your sweatshirt. Fall is all about layers, so have fun dressing this piece up!
1. Throw a blazer on over your sweatshirt, pair it with skinny jeans, and some cute brogues.
2. Toss on your sweatshirt with a leather pleated mini skirt, and some sky-high stilettos for girl's night out.
3. Wear your sweatshirt underneath a denim jacket, add leather pants (or even a pair of skinny jeans!), with a rough pair of moto boots.
4. Add a chambray underneath your sweatshirt, or a silk button down, with a pencil skirt and chic pointed heels for a work-appropriate look.
5. Boyfriend jeans and heeled boots: 'nuff said.